Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmont4455

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2004
US
Hi All,

I have IMS (3.0 release) installed in a Windows 2003 environment, running Active Directory. I have an Exchange 2003 server that is in the domain, but is not a domain controller. I keep getting error messages on the IMS server, and I was wondering if anyone has seen them before (see below). I have verified that my permissions on the IMS services are correct, and that I have connectivity from the client to the DS. I suspect it's a Windows issue, but I haven't been able to find anything about the messages in the Avaya 3.0 Docs or on the Web. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

IMS Server message from Event Viewer:

"An internal application error has occurred.

Engineering Information:
An exception has occurred, the following information is provided:EMailThread::EMailThread(1)"

Error message from Outlook client when trying to connect to IMS server:

"Could not connect to the Integrated Messaging Server.

Please check with your network Administrator that you have a valid network connection and that the Integrated Messaging system is running.

Class not registered
[80040154]"

I have seen the error with the Outlook client on an XP machine when the Windows Firewall was enabled. Microsoft tries to impose security on you and as a result blocks certain applications from working the way they are supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back