Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS connector help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trusted

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2004
US
I have a situation where I need to rebuild our current Exchange 5.5 box. I have joined an additional Exchange 5.5 server to the site and successfully moved all of the mail boxes over to the new server.

I created a second IMS connector on the new server and then pointed my firewalls SNAT rule to the new server. It work perfectly with one exception.

We use Custom Recipients as Alternate Recipients on the Delivery Options tab to redirect email to internet mail accounts for redundancy. With the old server it worked, but for some reason on the new server using the new connector it does not work. If I bring the old server back online, keeping the SNAT pointing to the new server, it works again. After checking my firewalls log file it appears the all email is using the IMS connector on the new Exchange server with the exception of the Custom Recipients that are being used as alternates. If I send an email directly to the Custom recipient it works fine.

As a test to see if I needed to create the Custom Recipients on the new server I deleted one of the Custom Recipients and then recreated on the new server. That did not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

On the new IMS, on the Internet Mail tab, click the Advanced Options button: is the 'Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet' box ticked?

zbnet yes it is. It it also ticked on the old one IMS connector. I'll untick it and see if that solves it.

I did notice the the GWART0.MTA routing table in the MTADATA directory has the old connector listed first. Could that be causing this issue?

Thanks,

JC

zbnet,

I unchecked the "Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet". Restarted the service and it is still doing the same thing.

Thanks

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back