Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS Client not functioning properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhridah

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have a client running IMS and 6 out of 7 of the workstations work flawlessly. The one that doesn't work will receive the voicemail and within a second will automatically disappear from outlook. I have uninstalled the IMS client and the voicemail shows up in outlook and stays there so I know that this is a client issue. Also when I uninstall the client it gives me an error that there is a registry problem with the exchange forums. I have called Avaya and they told me to reimage the PC. Not an option. I know this has something to do with the user profile as I can logon to this persons PC with my account and IMS works perfect.

The clients PC is using WinXP SP2 and Outlook 2003.

I assume you have run the avayafw.bat file and changed the DCOM settings? That is always the first thing to look at for IMS issues.

Yes I have run avayafw.bat and verified the dcom settings. As I previously stated if I logon to the users PC with my account I do not have a problem. It seems to be a problem with the users profile in outlook and the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back