Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS/21 Document Imaging - Retrieve Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcsbiz

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hello everyone.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this. Please let me know if I should post it elsewhere.

My organization has an iseries running V5R3. We have an imaging sofware called IMS/21. Images are stored on an IBM 3995 C46 optical Library device. Does anyone know if I can get to the images outside of the IMS/21 software? I have an assignment to write a web application that will display the images.

I've research the web, Tek-Tips, and IBM's website. I found a book on the optical library but it does not describe how to program to retrieve the images.

Thank you.

[rockband]

Does the vendor have a website.. u should start there first

I'm checking with the vendor, too. I'm trying to cover all the bases.

Thanks for the suggestion, itsp1965.

[rockband]

I thought I'd post here to update on this issue in case anyone else would ever look for this.

I have found out that the images on the optical drive are available through the IFS. The drive is part of the QOPT folder off of the root. I wrote a .NET program to access the images.

One part I'm working on yet is to identify the descriptions in the AS400 database.

[rockband]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back