Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMRUN.EXE Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjodonnell

Programmer
Feb 16, 2004
US
Is there a way to use IMRUN.exe in silent mode and run an integration with input that will take the input from a file like an answer file in a windows install?

I have a parent/child integration using the SQL optimized GL objects. It works great as long as the date range is small (due to not very well documented limitations of IM design). The company we are converting has over 50,000 GL Lines per month.

I'd like to recursively call IMrun.exe passing it one day at time.

Any suggestions? any better ideas?

You can setup scheduled tasks to run the IMRUN.exe (see chapter 18: Running integrations from command line in the user guide). Since it's sql optimized, you won't need the part about logging into GP.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Setting up a job works great as long as the Integration does not require any input. I do this for my nightly GL entries from their Point of Sale System.

My problem is with converting their legacy data. IM chokes on 5000 GL transactions for the month if I run it for one month. I have several months to convert. According to MBS the only work around for my problem is to run the Integration in chunks. So I am running it one day at a time using the Input feature to provide a date.

I am trying to figure out how to setup the batch job to answer the input question. I'm stumped at this point.

If it is run every day, that would mean the input is always that current date. Could you set it up as a constant (ie current date) instead of an input?

Good idea for transactions for today. If my transaction date needs to be 1/2/04, and then 1/3/04. Etc.

The more I think about it, I could use the Before Integration to read the value from a table and use the Query.AdditionalCriteria to limit my query and then use the After Integration to increment the value in the table by 1 day.

Then the scheduled job won't have to answer any questions. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back