Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMR Data output shown differently on different PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy0815

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
US
Hi,

I have a strange issue with Cognos Impromptu 7.4.4 that I never faced before.

What I have done:
I have created an SQL Query(not via Catalog drag&drop, but via hardcoded SQL) and placed this query into an IMR file. Finally I formatted all columns in the way I wanted and saved the file.

Issue Description:
The issue is now that on the PC where I created the IMR file (User Version), the report looks ok after it is opened in Cognos on the screen. But when I check the IMR on a different PC (as well User Version) the screen data output looks differently. Columns are unformatted and in a different order. I really do not get why this is the case. All Cognos Impromptu Versions are the same. In total, on 2 PCs the data is shown correctly in Cognos after running the IMR, on 2 PCs the formatting and order issue occurs.

Does anyone have an idea why this is the case?

Thanks,
Martin

Could it be due to different styles/formats in the Impromptu configuration files on the client machines? I'd start with comparing the "impromptu.ini" (cer5>data>bin) files.

soi là, soi carré

Hi drlex,

I copied the impromptu.ini file from a machine where it it working to one where it is not working. Normally I would expect that the other machine has the same settings after the file copy was done. But still the same issue. The imr file looks different on both test PCs.

Any other idea?

Regards,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back