Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu YTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

staines79

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2004
GB
I am new to this forum so hello.
I hope someone out there can help me I am creating a new Impromptu Catalogue for sales reports and would like to create a set of tables of Sales History. Is there a way to create a calculation or something for Year to Date (YTD) and Year to Date -1 (YTD-1) without having to use a prompt so it will just update its self depending what month I open the report in.

I hope I have explained what I’m trying to achieve If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks

Hello,
You could use a calculation like
if (date field <= today()) and (year (today())= year (date field)) then (sales$) else (0)

This should give you an accurate ytd value.

You can create a calculation on any of your fields, but you'll also have to define what field you will want it dependent on. For Instance:

YTD Sales Revenue:
Total(If(Year("Sales Date")=Year(Today) AND "Sales Date" <= Today()) Then )"Sales Revenue") Else (0))

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back