Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Report Sum by Lunar Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersWhy

Technical User
Nov 18, 2001
US
Hi, I need to figure out how to segregate quote, booking, and sales information in Impromptu and I am having problems getting the dates to match properly.

I am trying to replace an old "cut and paste" Excel Daily sales report with an automated Impromptu report.

We use a Lunar 52 week calander with 5-4-4 week quarters. I have several Powerplay cubes that report our sales based upon these periods and the date wizard in that program works perfectly.

My daily report, however is to pull in data from a wide variety of sources and is to be a static "drill-free" report.. so Impromptu is the preferred tool.

I have begun setting up a table with each month's start date, end date, year designation, quarter designation, and month designation that could be used as a "template" to compare date values against, but before I proceed with this tedious task, I am hoping that someone else has a better way to accomplish this task.

Another thing I could probably do is to write long strings of conditions to state the period, quarter and year to split data into, but keep in mind... I have a different date source for Bookings, Quotes, Sales and Orders due. All of these business entities are to be summarized on a one page "health" report. Writing all of the conditions could keep me busy for the next month. Aargh!

I am somewhat a newbie at this task at least, so please forgive any obvious signs of ignorance!

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

Tony T. in Minneapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back