Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu HANGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyYacaco

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
US
Guys,

I can't figure this one. It happened to me before, one day out of nowhere, my Impromptu suddenly bogged down! :) Everytime I open a new report through the wizard, the application hangs. Even if I open an existing report, nothing happens, it gives me a blank window. So I decided to reformat my pc, installed Impromptu and its working fine already. Just after a week here I am again, the same thing is happening to me again, beats the hell out of me hehehe I can't figure what's going wrong. I didnt install any new software at all.

My environment is Win2K SP3, Impromptu 6, connecting to Sybase 11.5 Database server, I am using a pentium 2 Twinhead notebook. Hope somebody could help me, thanks.

Cheers.

Is there any way that the catalogs are getting modified or deleted (on purpose or accidently)? Are all your preferences set to directories that you have full read/ write access to?

How are you connectiong to your database? Are any of these settings being changed? I found the database hook-up was sometimes difficult.

If you got a clean install, it does not seem like a setup issue.

Good luck
Bruce

Could you somehow have lost the template? Report..Template...Apply Template. Probably choose Simple List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back