Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Database Connection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrld

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
Does anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?
I am in Impromptu Administrator trying to set up an SQL database. My user name and password are correct.

Error number -4:

DMS-E-CONNECTREJECT, A connection has been rejected by the remote interface during operation 'attach database'.
Db-library network communciations layer not loaded.
DMS-E-CONNECTREJECT, A connection has been rejected by the remote interface during operation 'attach database'.

Linda

Herrid,

Impromptu is not reading the required supporting dll's for the database type you have selected. Make sure you have setup the database under the proper database type in the menu option "Catalog | Databases". In addition, you may need to make some adjustments in the related cogdmxx.ini file (where 'xx' is your database type). Post your database type (Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc), version, and your method of connection (i.e. native or ODBC) and someone here can help you.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ20-2863 first!

Dave..
Thanks for the help. My cognos.ini file listed my SQL Server database as local. I changed it to native, and all is well.

Many Thanks!!!!!!!!

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back