Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu 7.4 How to set a default value

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecjh

Programmer
Mar 12, 2003

I have a read only version of impromptu, so I can't build reports. I am trying to help someone with
the administrator version. (Trying to solve a problem with one arm tied behind my back.)

We have a report with a picklist prompt (which includes an 'All' option.)

My administrator says "this report will not run in scheduler if there are prompts." I am not familiar with Impromptu #Crystal or SSRS yes# I assume this Scheduler issue would be solved by setting a default value in the report(?)

In 7.4 how do you set a default value for a picklist prompt?

Many thanks.

BlueCJH

From memory, an Impromptu report with prompts scheduled in Scheduler will required prompts to be entered at the time the report is added to Scheduler. If one requires prompt or prompts to be varied, then it is best to run the reports within a macro, and schedule the macro instead. The macro can then generate the prompt(s) required.

soi là, soi carré

Driex, I will test this out. Many thanks

BlueCJH

I managed to enter values in response to a prompt in Scheduler. However, the value 'All' returned nothing, where the report would normally deliver all results?

BlueCJH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back