Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

impromptu 7.3 won't close

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonjarvis

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2003
GB
i posted this question in April 06 originally in thread401-1216400 & have eventually found the answer to this abnnoying issue - (so if you are still out there Hank)

Answer from a cognos support guy below

Simon

Sent: 18 April 2007 15:29
To: Subject: Case: 1217127

Hi,

I've just found that this issue is a known problem with the version of Impromptu your client is using. It is to do with the use of print preview within Impromptu. I'm hoping that in all these intermittent cases where the issue has occurred, your client has at some stage used print preview.

The problem arises after print preview is used and then closed down. The following is taken from the documentation for the bug:

"It should be noted that there is a workaround to this issue. After reopening the print-preview and closing the print-preview via the red "X" in the

title bar, Impromptu can be closed normally."

This issue has been fixed in version 7.4 of Impromptu.

Please let me know if this answers your question and whether you have any further queries.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Support Analyst
COGNOS Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back