Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu 7.0 Catalog Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboyle1

Programmer
Dec 3, 2001
US
We are taking baby steps with Impromptu. I have created catalogs in version 6.5 and set up a creater and user class profile and password (This is the only security we need at this time). When I open the catalogs in version 7.0 with the creator profile, I cannot run the options for tables, joins, profiles, etc. I can create reports, but I cannot change the catalog. I did not see any security set up in Access Manager. Thanks for your time.

Hi,

We haven't rolled out Series 7 yet (waiting for the next bug release, due in June), but in previous versions this behavior (using the Creator class but not seeing the catalog change menu options) was usually due to one of the following:

1) Someone else is in the catalog already as Creator

2) The file has a 'Read-Only' attribute

3) The file is on a network where you have 'Read-Only' rights.

Hope one of these is your problem, otherwise Series 7 is throwing us another curve <g>.

Regards,

Dave Griffin :)

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am curiuos since we are upgrading from 6.0 to 7.0
Thanks
Jaya Devulapalli

The problem was read only rights. It now works properly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back