Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing XML to Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenn

Technical User
Nov 9, 2000
DE
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to load huge xml documents into relational tables. so far i've been using a handknit java-converter, which chunks the xml into csv-files and then sql loader to load the csv's into the tables.
as xml has been around for quite some years i wonder if there is an easier way to handle this particular import problem - best would be sql loader handling xml or some other oracle-supertool.

nay hints?

regards
chenn

Chenn,

Recently I faced the exact same problem and the two solutions that we came up with are:
1) Loading the XML document as is to the DB and then require the application to access the document via standard XML technology.
2) Developing a program which parses the document and loads it to the relational table.

We ended up with option 2, which is very similar to your situation. We used the Java Castor framework, which I consider to be an overkill solution for this case.

Hope it helps,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back