Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing websites into Access so that they work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsytw

Technical User
Apr 13, 2016
US
Hi,
I import websites from an Excel file into an Access table. The field data type is hyperlink in Access. The format of the data in the Excel file varies and could be any of the following examples:

superuser.com

I need to figure how I can edit the data after it is imported into Access (or perhaps by a macro in Excel before importing) so that it gets stored in this format:

(or whatever the field is when it is imported)# so that when a user clicks on the website field, the link will take them to the website. If just the part is in the field, the link does not work. How can I add the # part to the 'displaytext' which is ultimately what gets imported.

Hope I am being clear enough! Thank you!!

So if you have (from your example): "superuser.com", would you add to the beginning of it " or "
Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back