Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing tables from word

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefrstgatsby

Technical User
May 8, 2004
CA
I'm trying to import a calendar I created in word, into illustrator. It pulls in the data, but leaves out the border lines, and loses the spacing. Is there anyway to import all of the data?

By a calendar I'm assuming you mean a table that you made in Word either youself or using one of the things from the project gallery (which will be based on a table). Illustrator really doesn't have the import filters for this and Word really doesn't have the export filters for it. Adobe Indesign can import Word and retain formatting.

If you have Powerpoint and don't care about editing the stuff later, you can import the Word file into a Powerpoint page and save as TIFF. Then place the tiff into Illustrator.

If you do anything fancy in Word, the likelihood of it coming out well in Illustrator is not great since Illustrator is a far more powerful graphics app, using different resolyions, color charts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back