Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperca

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
I have the following piece of code attached to a button on a form. It works great if you only have one sheet in an excel workbook to import. However, the particular workbook I am trying to import from has 2 sheets and I need to import both of them. The sheet names will change from time to time so I can't reference a particular sheet name and have it work every time I import this information.

newFileCMS = curDirCMS 'initializes variable to current directory
newFileCMS = ahtCommonFileOpenSave(aht_OFN_HIDEREADONLY, curDirCMS, strFilter, 1, xls)
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblImportSheet", newFileCMS, False

I appreciate any help.

Cindy

Can't you specify a range as a sixth parameter of the TransferSpreadsheet method, i.e. after the False?

This would enable you to have two TransferSpreadsheet commands, each with a different sheet range parameter.

Search Access VBA help for more on the TransferSpreadsheet method and its parameters.

I don't think this would help because I would have to know the sheet name and I won't always know this information without actually opening the Workbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back