Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Sales Orders in 11i

Status
Not open for further replies.

damirmis

Programmer
Jul 20, 2003
US
I have a flat file with order info and I need to load it into OE_HEADERS_IFACE_ALL, OE_LINES_IFACE_ALL etc. before I run Oracle Order Import utility. Which fields should be populated in these interface tables to have successful Order Import process? Where can I find documentation about loading interface tables from external system?

Thanks.

dm

Check your OM users guide & the OM API users guides. Both are available on Metalink or you may have CDs with the guides at your company.

In what sense does the concurrent program Order Import different from the SO API which is also capable of order creation??

TIA,
Kevin

Kevin - according to the OM Interface & API manual, the interface uses the api's.

"Order Import is an Order Management Open Interface that consists of open interface tables and a set of APIs. Order Import can import new, change, and completed sales orders or returns from other applications such as a legacy system."

-Tracy

Hi
I have the same problem of importing sales orders form a text file, can anybody give me a idea as how should i go about.

Thanks in advance
--radmur

Radmur,

We've solved our problem and some of the info in the documentation is incorrect and so we'd had pretty much time in 'debugging'.

You can write a simple PL/SQL program to read in your text file and then call the order import API or you can fetch the contents of the text file and generate interface records in the OE_INTERFACE% table group. And then launch the Order Import concurrent program, which is in fact a pl/sql program calling the order import API too.

Hope this help!

Best Regards,
Kevin

I am going to wite the data conversion script from 10.7 to 11i for Sales Order. I would to know what are the changes in the schema like table name and column name. Is there any API for loading data from 10.7 to 11i.

Please help me find it out.
Thanks in advance.
GK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back