Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing records into the contsupp SQL table (RECID)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwich

MIS
Mar 3, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm running 5.5 SAles and Marketing hosted on an MS SQLserver7 backend.

I'm trying to import contact data via the import/export wizard and all seems to be going as expected.

However, there are some details we store in the contsupp table (subscription details (date, number etc) on a specific subscriptions tab. These fields in contsupp are not available for import so I've imported as much as I can and I'm looking to manually create the contsupp records associated with each.

However, I would need to manually create the recid field and I don't know how to - any ideas?

Hello

I'm no expert on this but will give you what I have, hopefully it will help...

the stored procedure needs to be created in your database, the one you are going to insert the records into. So, in enterprise manager, go to stored procedure, create a new one with the following

CREATE PROCEDURE [sp_GMW_NewRecID] AS
DECLARE @answer varchar(15)
EXEC master.dbo.XP_GMNewRecid 'sa', @answer OUTPUT
select @answer as RecId

In your master database, go to extended stored procedures, you should find xp_GMNewRecid which references gm5sql.dll

if you try sp_GMW_NewRecID in Query Analyzer, you will see your new recid.

I used Delphi to insert the record.

I don't know how to get loprecid though. (Not needed for contsupp. but would like to know how to get it for conthist & Cal) I think I heard somewhere that loprecid is a variation of recid. I'm pretty sure loprecid is used for the opportunity manager. If anyone has anything on loprecid, please post it here.

There is also a pdf mamed GM5-PGMR.pdf that can be found through a search engine.

Good Luck
Dave

Thanks - I don't know Delphi, VB etc but I'll try calling the sp directly from the query analyser.

Norwich,

If your going to do this on a regular basis, you may want to invest in Inaport its a great product and you can import into the contsupp table (as well as other areas) its also pretty cool for tidying your database up.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back