Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing .pst into Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

falban

MIS
Mar 5, 2003
CA
Hey all,

I'm having a little trouble with my new laptop. I've exported all of my mail folders from my desktop into a .pst file and burned them to disk to transfer them to my laptop. When I try to import them into Outlook on my laptop it gives the following error: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use." When I click OK it then displays : "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file D:\backup.pst."

I've tryed moving the file to different drives as well has checked the permissions and nothing works. I always get the same errors.

I've moved my info from computer to computer before like this, but for some odd time it's just not working this time!!!!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

1.copy the pst file to the hard drive
2.right-click the file you copied onto the hard drive in explorer
3.choose properties and
4.uncheck Read-Only attribute
5.Click Ok -- then import into Outlook as you would normally.

-thefourthwall

You my friend rock my world!!!!

Thanks a ton. I didn't even THINK about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back