Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing PGP public key and decryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennysthemenace

Technical User
Jun 20, 2004
US
Hi

I am trying to encrypt and decrypt files from my develoment server. I created two sets of keys, one for my desktop and one for my dev server. I exported the server key to desktop and I tried to decrypt a file encrypted on the server, but I keep getting the error

[GNUPG:] ENC_TO 2B14D77FE543B5D5 16 0
[GNUPG:] NO_SECKEY 2B14D77FE543B5D5

DSTX is working correctly for the keys generated in the desktop, but not working for the imported keys. I imported the public key, changed the trust and validity and used my local pwd to decrypt it using dstx. It also fails when I try to use PGP to decrypt the file from the server, saying that the . I know I am doing something wrong while importing the public key from the server, but I am not sure what it is. Thanks in advance.

I kind of made it work. But even then, I had to import the secret key ring from the server and add it to my local desktop to decrypt the file. I also had to use the pwd from the server for decryption, which is not quite right. What am I missing here? I previously imported only the public key from the server and it didnot work. What am I missing here?

Figured out the problem. I was not encrypting the file with public key from the server and vice-versa. It is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back