Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing of favorites disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanRob

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
AU
My new computer is running W2000 PRO. I cannot import my favorites from my old W98 machine, to which I am networked.
I know it is in Administration somewhere... but for the life of me !!!![mad]

You can just copy the contents of C:\Windows\Favorites on the W98 computer to C:\Documents and Settings\Profile name\favorites

To answer your qustion :) , what you are looking for is in Internet Explorer, then File --> Import and Export

Thanks Mitch. You are right and you are wrong. It worked using explorer to copy from one folder to another (Why didn't I think of something that simple !!!! [blush])
HOWEVER it will not work using Internet explorer import/export tool. Goes fine till final action then tells me it couldn't find the file. I checked the knowledge base and found a reference to disabling this action by Administrator, but no reference to "enabling" it. BTW I have Admin priveledges, if not abilities (User!!)[smile]
I have my favorites now but I am curious as to why not (Tech!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back