Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Move Clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heggeman

Programmer
Jun 13, 2000
GB
You can only import movie clips (.swf) from outside the movie into the movie.<br><br>I have designed a webpage in which visitors can upload their own pictures. It was my plan to import these pictures into a running Flash movie. However, since you can only import movie clips, I have to change the .gif or .jpg files into .swf files. Are there any scripts that do this automaticaly in any scripting language? <br><br>Many sincere thanks.<br><br>Bas Hegge<br>The Netherlands.

There is a way to do it but it's not safe and you could get overloaded with all kinds of junk files from who knows who.I'll tell you the basic priciples anyway, maybe you can come up with your own idea. What you'll do is have the flash file pull a file off of your server thats named &quot;xyz&quot;(for exsample). Then use a cgi script or ,depending on you isp, a upload of they're pics that add to the file(xyz) your flash is downloading for the movie. A better and safer way is to have thumb nails though. Have a page with thumnails and already have the file names prenamed and just simply ask the uploader to name they're files the name you give them. <p>Todd Norris<br><a href=mailto:Todd.Norris@home.com>Todd.Norris@home.com</a><br><a href= Personal Profile 2000</a><br>Hope this helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back