Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing MACROS into letter templates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGP1

Technical User
May 4, 2005
GB
Being new to Goldmine, I'm struggling with some basics-

I have created some fields which contain basic macros - the first field adds 7 days to today's date and the second calculates a figure based on another input field -

Both fields work perfectly well in the record view, but neither will insert into a letter template - all the other necessary fields insert with no problems, therefore the issue can't be with the software --------I'm guessing that you can't insert a field with a macro or expression in it & if that's the case I'll scream - I have never used macros or dbase expres' previously so teaching myself to do even these basic macros has been a nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Cld anyone shed some light on this and advise a solution as I'm running out of ideas & Valium!!!! Thanks Melanie

Within the letter insert the company field where you need the calculation and then highlight right click show field codes.

Now where it says &COMPANY Enter &<your expression> and it'll work as an expression for you.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK
Winners of the LBA Customer Service Award.

Richard

IT WORKS ----- Can't believe I've been struggling with the problem for two weeks so thanks for the help - now before I make a mess of the database, can I perform this trick more than once, with different expressions - and if yes, is there anything I should avoid doing
Many many thanks- Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back