Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing jpg images in flash automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbusa11

MIS
Oct 2, 2005
US
have a bunch of art work images that i want to post on the web. I would like to stop people from saving these for any type of use.

Looking at my options. I have considered the following 2 options

Adding Watermark
disabling right click.

I like the watermark idea but to still make the system a little better , I would like to put the images in flash image gallery.

Suppose i put all the images in a folder on my website , how can i dynamically import them into a flash ??

If you dynamically import them, the .jpgs will be cached in the Temporary Internet Files cache, where the user can retrieve any or all of them... Watermarked or not!

If you include them in the .swf... It would be a little harder to retrieve them, but with .swf decompilers and/or .swf extractors, some users will be able to get at them anyways...

And I'm not mentioning a simple screen capture, and cropping it in PS & al.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design

03/13/05 -> OLDNEWBIE VS FLASHK

Thank you for your response. Let me rephrase my question/ requirement again. I fully understand that whatever I do, I can not totally stop people from copying images of my website. As you mentioned , the screen capture will always work. Therefore the only object is to make it as hard as possible !

If a put a watermark I can at least know if someone copied the image from my website.

1.Whats the best way to put a watermark on multiple images using a batch job. I dont want to sit there and add it myself to each and every other image.

2.The theory behind importing the images into flash was that I could make a flash movie and put a link in the watermark which people could click and come to my website. Now I can make a blank movie with a link in it.. but how do i import images into that swf file dynamically. I hope you are getting my question better this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back