Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing jobs to another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
US
Is there anyway to import jobs from either:

A 9.1 media server to a 10 media server

or

A 10 managed media server to a 10 central admin server

I am getting ready to implement 10 in my main datacenter. I have a 9.1 media server handling the backups now and I have a new Library in place and attached to a 10 Central Admin Server. I have a ton of jobs scheduled on the 9.1 server and am trying to simplify moving those jobs to the new 10 server. Can I do it at all? Do I need to upgrade the existing 9.1 to 10 first? And I already have jobs scheduled on the new 10 server for a remote managed media server so I don't think I can simply replace the database.

Any thought?

thanks

You will need to upgrade the 9.1 sever first.
Then you have a few options. In 10.0 you can right click on a job and or selection list and "copy" then you can copy it locally or to another media server.

You can also you the copy media server configuration option in beutility. Either way you have to go into each job when you dont and make sure everything is pointing to the right place. Sometimes its easier to start from scratch and just look at the old media server jobs and setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back