Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing into existing documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

australia3

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
GB
I've had some success importing into a Notes database and creating new documents as a result. is there a way to import into existing documents? I need to add data into a specific field within existing documents. Can anyone help?

The way to do what you ask will depend on what the source is. If the source is contained in files outside of Notes (Word docs, external ODBC link, ...), you'll probably be better off creating an import agent in Script.

But you need to be a bit more specific in your needs before good advice can actually be offered. Could you specify what the source data format is, whether there is more data than just that which you want, and what data you actually want imported ?

An example would help greatly.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back