Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing into a checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

australia3

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
GB
I am importing data into a checkbox on a form. The choices are Mon, Tue, Wed etc. The document properties of existing documents show this data as "Mon""Tue""Wed" but I can't import from a csv format when specifying the data in this way. Does anyone know how I need to specify this data to import? Thanks in advance

You cannot import checkbox options, only results. The data is to be manually put in the design of the form itself.

What is it exactly that you are doing ?

Pascal.

Yep, I appreciate that. The design of the checkbox field has the options as: -

Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun

I want to import data into this field so that Mon and Tues are checked when you go into to document. I can import one day so that one day is checked but can not do mor ethan one.

Creating a checkbox can be done two ways : entering the values manually in Design, or pointing the value section of the design to fields that can be updated by other means (like importing data).

So, you could imagin telling the checkbox field to point to a field named ValueList for the list of values, and DefaultList for the list of choices that should be initially checked.
It is, of course, up to you to ensure that the fields are properly fed with multi-value data.

Pascal.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have a checkbox on a form. The values have been entered manually in the design.

I am now trying to import from a csv file to the database so that I create multiple documents. This is easy for text fields and easy for the checkbox field when only one option is checked like Mon because I would specify this as "Mon" but if I want to import Mon and Tues, would I specify this as "Mon""Tue" in a cell to import, for example or "'Mon','Tue'"? I can't work out.

Multi-value data is in the format of "Mon":"Tue".

An easy way to make sure is to use the @implode function :
Code:
@Implode("Mon-Tue";"-")

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back