Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing Illustrator into InDesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

haylzt

MIS
May 14, 2008
AU
I'm trying to import a logo from Illustrator CS2 into InDesign CS2 and i know it works because i've done it before, but every time i try now it tells me that the action will create too many pages and instead imports as an embedded EPS file. I really need it to import as a vector image, can anyone help me?

Haylz

If your Illustrator art is all vector just copy and paste into InDesign.

Yeah, that's what i've been doing when the warning comes up. I've also tried saving the illustrator file and placing it into indesign and saving as a pdf them importing into indesign. Neither will work.

The actual error is this: "This command would create a large number of page items and would severely degrade performance. Data will be placed as embedded EPS.

Never heard that problem before.

Have you saved your illustrator file as a .ai file?

I had that happen to me as well...usually when the Illy file is large or very detailed. But even though it was embedded as as EPS the file retained it quality. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are wanting to edit the image in InDesign. You might want to reduce the size of the graphic in Illustrator and then try to paste it in.

Clean up the Illustrator file. Select the logo and lock it. And then select everything else in the file (Command A) and hit delete. Unlock your logo and resave file.

jdguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back