Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing From Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr9553

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
US
I am trying to import a table from excel into FileMaker Pro 6. Normally this would not be a problem but this time my table is not set up like a mailing list. There are three to 5 columns with multiples rows of information. Instead of my information being spread accross in columnis it is down in rows. Is there a way to be able to import the rows into my fields or do i have convert the rows into colums to import them in to FileMaker? And if i do is there an easy way to transfer all of the rows into colums. PLEASE help me if you can.
Thanks in advance!

Donald

1.YES
2.and NO (easy way out)

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

It is a simple matter to switch columnns to rows and back again in Excel. Use Copy and Paste Special.

Cheers,
Paul J.

....no easy way out= have to do it manually
but why would not CSV export from FM work? u can tagg along your headers too.....I guess it depends on what info ur trying to pool and if it makes sense in Column or Row perspetive...
paste special= watch out for the duplicate records, excel is not all that "smart"
Good Luck!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back