Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing files to project in JBuilder 2005 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH4F33

Programmer
Apr 1, 2005
MU
Hello again, Im still stuck with simple problems. Its not with java but the IDE itself. When I right-click on a project and select "Add Files / Packages / Classes..." and select a class which is not in the project, I cannot get it when typing import. To import a class, I need to add it to "Required Libraries". So what I want to know is whats the function of the "Add Files / Packages / Classes..." menu when I right-click on a project?
Thanks.

I tend to use this mainly for adding things like configuration files/support files (xml/properties etc) which are not stored within the package structure. Adding them to the project like this keeps them with the Java which accesses/maintains them and allows me to edit them within JBuilder.

If memory serves me, I've only ever added a java file in this way to use it as a reference aid. The java file is kept with the project so I can refer to it, but it's not part of my project's deliverables and doesn't get included on the classpath.

Hope this helps.

Tim
---------------------------
"Your morbid fear of losing,
destroys the lives you're using." - Ozzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back