Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing files from one Outlook user account into another

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardPrewitt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2002
US
I have a computer that I changed domains on and of course the user didnt export his outlook files before he gave it to me like I told him.

Here is whats happening:

1: We use to use a pop3 Outlook account for our outside office users.
2: We are now moving everyone to an Exchange Server

So by using the pop3 account, their files were stored on their computer locally. Whereas with the Exchange server they are now stored on the server.

The process that I was using was to export the files while they were logged on into a .PST file and then importing the files after we got their exchange accounts set up.

The problem is that we have one person who didnt export thier Outlook files before they joined out domain. So we cannot sign into their old account anymore (the old domain no longer exists) The user account is still there as is the user files (documents and settings, etc)

How would I export/import his old outlook files into his new exchange account without logging into the actual old email account?

Hopefully I supplied enough information.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back