Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing file to access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcgann

Programmer
May 31, 2000
IE
Hi All,<br><br>I need to import a text file into an access database.<br>My problem is i need to parse the file into different fields.<br>can anyone help<br><br>Thanks <br>

really depends on how your Text file is setup, I mean you can use the Split command to break a line into a string array, like saying split(string, &quot;,&quot;) will sepereate all the things seperated by a comma, like making the first row the feild names, then reading the line, making those fields, then reading each new line and inserting them appropiatly? need more information? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back