Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing EPS Gives Grey Box title Postscript Picture 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovejoy

Programmer
Dec 12, 2000
US
After saving an image as an EPS in Photoshop (PC), I tried to import it into Quark. All I got was the box filled with grey and in the center it read Postscript Picture (and the file name).eps. What is is and how can I prevent it?

Hi,
I never had this problem, but I will save my file as an .eps with a TIFF 8bit preview and binary encoding. It prints and views fine.

Quark may need more memory: quit, check it, raise it if necessary. (I use 4x the suggested allocation, but start by doubling and see where that leads.) Quark may be tired: quit, restart, try again. Your image might be corrupt: "save as" with all extraneous info removed (alpha channels, unused paths, color profiles), or try saving as a tiff if possible. If I remember any other causes, I'll update.

Sorry you will have to save the files with a better preview option. You should be able to save the eps's as Macintosh eps's with a 8-bit Macintosh preview. You should see them then.

It will not matter that you are using a PC! If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

Whenever saving EPS's on the PC, both in PhotoShop and Illustrator, remember to check the "8-bit TIFF Preview" check box. Otherwise you'll be working with a grey piece of nothing in Quark, which can be quite frustrating at length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back