Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing DateFrom Same Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumm

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
AU
OK - I am developing an application in a phased approach of which 4 of the 7 components are delivered. A number of users are required butno network exists. I have looked into replication but that it too restrictive in developing without doing an conversion of data. As we are still developing MDE and replication are out of the question!.

What is the easiests way to have 2 users using (exactly) the same version of an access application and importing the data from 1 version into another. It will never go the other way and it is possible to stop users using the same areas if required.

I have looked at sql and exporting to Excel but would like to know if anyone has had a similay issue. Is importing from excell worth looking at?

Cheers In Advance

Hi,

Have you considered 'splitting' the database with two interfaces (frontend) using one set of tables (backend)?

Garry

Hi, I have considdered that but the two applications are running off two laptops and need to be on different locations. The only option would be to set up a wireless network. I am looking for an interim solution before we web enable and upsize to SQL Server.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

A replicated database cannot be converted to an MDE. but A database in MDE format can be converted to a replicated database.
so try to create ur MDE first, then convert it to a replica

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back