Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing data from Notes view to MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaybright

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
US
Hi all,
This is my first post in this forum.
I am trying to get data from a notes view into MS Access. The problem is, I created the view and only had the option to make it private. So I don't know how to find it using ODBC.
Ultimately what I want to do is locate a document within LotusNotes and retrieve information from fields within the document. I have been successful in retrieving column data from existing views within the desired database (views created by the LotusNotes gods of our company), but I can't get the field values. My understanding is that field data cannot be retrieved using VBA. So I thought that I would create my own view and include in the columns the desired data...problem is a private view cannot be searched (???). So now I am trying to import that private view into Access using NotesSQL driver, but I cannot locate the view.

Please Help!!

Thanks,
Shane

Use the COM classes from within VBA to access the notes database and extract whatever information you need.

You won't be able to see a private view because it doesn't exist outside of your own desktop.

Thanks dwarfthrower. See thread705-641772 for resolution if you're interested.

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back