Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing data from multiple Excel worksheets into 1 Access Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbrady99

Technical User
May 7, 2003
US
I am trying to import data from multiple Excel worksheets within one Excel file to one table in Access. The Excel worksheets are set up identically (broken into separate worksheets by equipment type) and the first sheet will import without issue. However, the second sheet creates an error when the data is attempted to be imported to the same table.

Help?

Any chance you could post the error message(s) and the relevant code ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Here's the error message:

An error occurred trying to import file "file name.xls". The file was not imported.

Not sure that's any help. And I don't have any code to show. Sorry- my computer here is being fussy- word and excel keep shutting down.

I have been away from Access for a while- so I'm thinking it's something obvious I'm doing wrong that I'm just not picking up on!

word and excel keep shutting down
You may try to repair your msoffice install.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

it's an overworked server at work. it just kinda happens- you know, to everyone, and gets treated that way.

anyway, we managed to get the records in- but the autonumbering jumps. my friend thinks he actually managed to copy the same data in a few times and then it got deleted, hence the 'missing' numbers/records. is it possible to get the numbering fixed?

Why would you want to change the numbering? The point of autonumber is to have a meaningless but unique value. If you care what the autonumber is, you are missing the point of autonumber.

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back