Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing custom wav files into group boxes? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-man

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2018
US
I know you can import a wav file into a user mailbox as a custom greeting, but I can't seem to find out if I can do the same for group boxes?

Yes you can. As long as it’s release 9.1 and above..
Same process..embedded vm.

Older versions just allowed you import greeting for AA
New versions allow Users,groups AA.

maybe I am not looking in the right spot. I cannot find any documented steps. The system is VM Pro 9.1

For VM Pro you will have folders for Accounts, Names, and Greetings.
Accounts hold the messages for the User or Group.
Name holds the recorded Name for the User or Group.
Greeting holds the recorded Greeting for the User or Group.

So for instance the Group called Main:

I would suggest logging into the Group via *17, record the name, then record a activate Greeting #1

Now when you look in the folders, you should see a folder for Main inside of Accounts, a wav file called Main.wav in the Name folder, and a wav file called Main_1.wav in the Greetings folder.

Rename your custom greeting Main_1.wav, upload it to the Greetings folder (replacing the one you just manually recorded) and you're good to go.

If you just upload the various <Group>_1.wav files, you just have to go into each group and activate greeting #1

Tommy, LOL.. I feel like idiot now. Thats actually the first place I searched figuring that they would be there. I saw all the users, but no groups...

As it turn out, the customer NEVER recorded any greetings for their group boxes! The just did names.

Problem solved. Thanks for making sure I was pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back