Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing custom Crystal Report to Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpstoehner

Technical User
Feb 7, 2007
US
I exported one of the canned historical reports ("Application Performance") from the web application and added a new grouping of the data. I added no new tables and kept the datasource the same and it looks perfect when I preview in Crystal.

I imported the report to the web application but when I run it the following error appears -- "There is an error while connecting to the datasource!"

Any ideas? Do you have to do anything with the datasource or tables when you import a report?

When you import, you need to follow the directions in the Historical Data Dictionary exactly.

I am assuming your standard reports are running fine.

Delete the imported report and re-import. Make sure you enter the Database Alias exactly in the import dialog box.

The Nortel documentation on this process not good. Do a search on this forum, there are some excellent threads that go into much better detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back