Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing business works files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahblovely

Programmer
Dec 9, 2002
CA
I want to import files from Business Works. The files I want seem to have .mif file extensions. I don't know what program other than framemaker will open them so I can save as a text file or excel or sometjing that will eventually allow me to save as a dbf file. Does anyone have any ideas?

Without knowing the format of the files, I don't know of a direct import format you could use.
You can maybe use a built-in export function to export them to a format that Fox can import such as delimited, flat text or of course, dbf.
If that isn't doable then you may be able to open them up with an editor, either text of binary, and parse them out. It may be as simple as determining which portion is a header portion, then determining a record and/or field delimiter. From there, you can use low level i/o routines like FOPEN(), FGETS(), FREAD(),... and read it in.
Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back