Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Audio files

Status
Not open for further replies.

schralptowner

Technical User
Jun 4, 2008
US
I am recieving an error message every time I try to import mp3 or wav files into premier. The error reads "error compiling movie". Does anyone know why this is happening? I was importing hd video files into a dv workspace and the audio files were dropped and the same error message popped up once the files finished importing into my workspace. Please help!!

The full versions of Premiere don't do well with highly-compressed source material like MP3 etc.

Suggest you convert to WAV at the same sampling rate as your project before importing into Premiere.

If you don't have a program that can handle audio format conversions, there are several around the web with free downloads. For example (but not necessarily the best, since I've not used it) try

1. What are the properties of the WAV files?

2. Convert the MP3 files to WAV files.

3. Can you important into a new project ONLY audio files? That is, start a new project without any video and only import audio (this will help determine if you have a egenral problem, or if it realy is only-your-audio)

4. Can you manipulate your movie without importing your audio files?

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

It would also help if you said what version of Premiere you are using.

I figured if the poster was importing HD, then it was at least PPro.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back