Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing ascii files and losing fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicia199

Technical User
Dec 29, 2003
US
I'm trying to import records that I've saved from an Access database into a .txt file. I imported the records yesterday and it dropped the Contact Type field (in the fourth quad Key1). I decided to reimport just the contact name and contact type field then do a merge/purge to get rid of the dupes and combine the records but when I'm in Goldmine/Import, the Contact Type field doesn't show up. I'm a relatively new user and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks
Felicia

I believe this is a bug in GoldMine's ASCII import facility. I think it's solved in the latest build, but for a work-around, what you can do is add another field to your source file and just dont bother mapping it. The behavior is that all but the last field in the import file will be imported.
good luck!

Doug Castell
Computer Control Corp
(310)396-6811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back