Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Active Directory with DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2003
US
Does any one know how to import Active Directory using DTS. I have connected to the AD Directory through Linked Servers but you can only query 1000 records. I need to import all records.

Hi there

This is the kind of queries I used and it actually loads the data more than 1000 records. You just need to amend it slightly for the company involved. You can use this in a stored procedure and the store procedure to run as a sql job.

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT Rowset_1.*, sn + ', ' + givenName AS FULL_NAME
FROM OPENQUERY(ADSI,
'SELECT title, sAMAccountName, givenName, telephoneNumber, facsimileTelephoneNumber, sn, mail, userAccountControl FROM ''LDAP://DC=our,DC=domain,DC=org'' WHERE objectCategory = ''Person'' AND objectClass=''user'' and userAccountControl>1000')
Rowset_1
WHERE sn IS NOT NULL
UNION
SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT Rowset_1.*, sn + ', ' + givenName AS FULL_NAME
FROM OPENQUERY(ADSI,
'SELECT title, sAMAccountName, givenName, telephoneNumber, facsimileTelephoneNumber, sn, mail, userAccountControl FROM ''LDAP://DC=our,DC=domain,DC=org'' WHERE objectCategory = ''Person'' AND objectClass=''user'' and userAccountControl<1000')
Rowset_1

Atia

You can also do a full dump of AD to a file using the AD comand line tool csvde.exe then import that file using DTS/SSIS/BCP/Bulk Insert.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back