Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing access tables from a password protected database

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkieboy

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
GB
Hi All

I don't use Access so dont really have a clue where to start looking. So if you could point me in the rigth direction or give me some sample code it would be greatly appreciated. so here goes the question.

An employee who used to work for my current employer wrote an export/import procedure which involved the following.

* My company sending an Access database to one of our clients
* the client opening there excisiting database then clicking an export button on a userform which copies keyed data to a new database, closing the database and renaming it to old.
* copying the database we have sent to the work directory clicking an import button which imports data from the newly created database.

The Problem:

The above process seem fairly stupid to me so I changed to the following

* My company sending an Access database to one of our clients
* the client opening that database and clicking an import button which imports keyed data then the client copying the database to the work directory.

The problem I have is that the database has a password on it so every time my code tries to import data from one of the tables it promts for a password.

question:

is there any way i can pass the password in code

Many Thanks

Nick

your help and advice is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back