Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing a video stream into flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle1

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
US
hi,
I am using an axis video server (see link below) for video confrencing over our company intranet the axis server is a small box that you simply assign an ip address to and then thru any browser you just use the ip address to connect, it works well but it freezes up frequently, what i am thinking is using flash somehow to import the video stream, i am guessing since the flash player keeps http requests open it may provide better performance as well as let me design a nicer interface for camera control currently i am just using the axis interface, the cameras we use can tilt zoom and swivel, my question is how would I go about getting the video stream into flash I know mx has decent video support but I know very little about that aspect of flash, does anybody hae any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back