Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing a scan using photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
I am a longtime user of PSE 2, and recently updated to CS2. I have yet to find a way to import a scan from my scanner like PSE 2 did so easily.

The Help menu was no help.

Thanks,

Daniel

The scanner usually has a controlling app that sends the scan to a certain program. We use HP scanners and have them send the scan as a tiff to Photoshop CS.

Take a look at your scanner settings for similar.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I think you are both missing the point here. I use my scanner all the time -- both independently using Microtek ScanWizard and the Canon MP500 software, but I also have opened PSE 2 and used the File> Import> Microtek/Canon in Photoshop Elements 2.0 to bring scans directly into the program.

I don't see any command like that in Photoshop CS2.

Daniel

Ahhh...sorry for the bad post.

I also do: File> Import> WhateverScannerPShopDiscovers
but I still use PShop 7.

I would have thought CS (like PS7) would look for scanners then make them avail vis File> Import.

Did you check with Adobe?

In CS and CS2, and the versions before them, on Windows, you use File>Import>your scanner driver. They all work the same.

Gee, I found the problem.

I started my scanner first then booted the computer and launched Photoshop. It sees the scanner from the File> Import command. Before all I could see was File> Import> Variable Data Sets... Annotations...

I turned off the scanner, rebooted the computer, and then restarted the scanner, and there is no scanner to be seen.

So, bottom line, I need to start the scanner first.

PSE 2 was never so picky.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Well we're glad you solved your problem, my GPS works that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back