Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Important !!!! Nested Filters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

renu123

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
IN
I have created filters A, A-B (nested with A) and A-B-C (nested with A-B)
When I use a nested filter, say A - B - C on the report,
The user is prompted for A values first. On selecting, he gets the next filtered list of B values and then the final filtered list of C values.
On the basis of the chosen values, the report should return results.
The sql query should consider ....where A=... and B=.... and C=...
But, the sql query is only considering the last one i.e. C in the where condition.
The nesting work fine for reducing and presenting a reduced list for selection in subsequent prompts. But, the selections are not getting applied to the report.
I tried pulling the specific filters like A and A-B onto the report. This needs adjustments in the prompt ordering otherwise, a filter browsing error comes up.
It allows explicitly pulling filter A (the starting point) and also applies to report results. But, gives error for
A-B.
What should I do so that the values chosen in all the filters get applied to the report results???

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP !!!

Here's a possible workaround.

Create another filter called A1, define it as a shortcut to A.
Create another filter called B1, define it as a shortcut to B
Then add A1 and B1 to the report along with C.

Also if A is parent of B which is parent of C, then the report should work fine. THe worst case if you will need to create copy of A and B, users will have to choose again...

the error messages are probably bugs, call their tech support to them know.

good luck.

Tried the shortcuts. But, getting the same error i.e. 'Filtered element browsing is not supported with a filter that contains prompts'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back