Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importance of page rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrySnot

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
I guess its all in the look of my page. I am really good with Dreamweaver so I can make really cool looking front pages. I don't know jack about php so getting the forums to look cool is imposable unless I find someone willing to do the phpbb style code or whatever.

Is it better to have my forums on the front page or is it better to have my forums on a sub level
I know that page rank applies to the first page then once the page rank for that page gets high enough the bots dig a little deeper and find the forums but if my front page has very little text and a ton of images that will look cool to a user but be crap for a bot.

Whats better in my case front page or just forums?

Thanks

DrySnot: Job Forums, Resume Help Forums, and Interview Advice Forums.

Google doesn't actually wait for a page to get a pagerank before it looks deeper into a site. It will browse down any links it finds.

Quite often external links will bring the bot to an internal page on your site before it even finds the front page, and the internal pages will normally get more links than the front page if they are natural links, particularly for a forum.

I believe you're worrying about the wrong things - you need to get some content on the site, some links internally and some links from other pages. You will also attract more readers if you do the basic stuff like spell checking. You are also more likely to get consistent appearance across browsers if your HTML validates. (
Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back