Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Word Doc as Report in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeisch

MIS
May 30, 2003
US
We have various reports used by an Access application that change frequently. The person who will be maintaining these reports does not know Access. So, I would like to set up a procedure to open Word from Access (already done), create and/or allow modifications to the report in Word (already done), save the report in Word (already done), then -- and here's the part I need help on -- use the Word document to create a new report in my Access application.

I can use the mouse and menu commands Insert; Object; Create from File; etc. to create an unbound OLE Object with the Word document. But, I would like to automate this procedure using VBA. Does anyone out there know how to do this? I would like to stay away from SendKeys, if possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back