Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import using PHPmyAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

weightinwildcat

Programmer
May 11, 2010
US
I have a bunch of large data files that need to be uploaded to a new web site on a virtual Linux server. Some of them are over 100 MB in size. I can export data using PHPmyAdmin on my own computer, but getting some of these files to upload is a problem. The process times out, and I keep having to restart it. That of itself is not so bad, but it also seems like the time involved is out of proportion to the relative sizes of the files. I have already looked at the php.ini file and made some changes; no luck with speeding up the process. I see there are some options for exporting files in a compressed format; have people had good results with these?

Do you have the option to use a command line interface?

I have been able to access the root and make changes to the php.ini file. In other words, yes.

Try importing the problematic files from the command line and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back